[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NATIONAL ELECTION TIME

  • From: "Cynthia Gialluca" <CYNECAGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 23:07:36 -0500

I have been reading through all of this discussion with great interest.  It
occurred to me that the PC has a perfectly good place to put this kind of
question and answer platform for all candidates.  Its web site.  There is a
members only section in which it could be placed so that only those that are
getting ballots and wishing to look it up can go to see how the candidates
stand on issues that they are concerned about.  The questionair could be
sent via email, getting rid of the cost of stamps both ways, paper ect.
Most of us (certainly all of us on the list) have internet access.  It is
fast, easy, and a good use of the space considering it is an election year.

Many issues have been brought up on this list that are concerns of the
members (Daina I'm still working on it), and these issues could be the basis
of the emailed questionair.  It would just be an issue of time spent in
compiling the questions, sending them out, the candidates answering them,
sending results and then putting said results up on the site.  Time
consuming, but invaluable I would think.  Anyway, it's just an idea.

Cindy Gialluca