[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NATIONAL COSTS

  • From: LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 17:21:10 -0400 (EDT)

more reason why their shows should not be larger than what GSD shows  are

I might add since I know this will be brought up those breeds mostly use
handlers also.

Very few are owner handled.

Lee Brown
Too far from the womb and too close to the  tomb to care about what anyone
thinks of me.

In a message dated 9/19/2013 4:17:22 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:

And yet,  those breeds are never the top one or two registered.

In a  message dated 9/19/13 2:10:53 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx writes:
I  am always amazed at how the GSD  people always blame the economy when
other Nationals are  getting hugh numbers at theirs.  Does the economy  not

effect other breeds? Check numbers for Goldens ,Labs, Dobes   and  Boxers.
Heck,
some Lab specialties get more than 380  in  their regional   specialties.

I think the fact that there  are so many other avenues for the GSD might
have something to do  with it. We are talking about conformation, and other

activities are  available for German shepherds that attract other  entries.

Or  maybe the German shepherd is a terrible breed and in a few  years no
one
will want one.

I guess it might be either of those  reasons.

I can ONLY say for myself, I am not taking Kirk due to the  costs.  I
think
this is a great judge for him, he is in  terrific condition, he never
looked this good and is fully mature  now at four. But, when I figured the
expense to take him, it was not  worth it to go to the other side of the
country,
and fly my  dog.

Others probably have other reasons. I sure have read a lot of  people not
going. They all seem to mention the cost.

Evan  L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where  Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.