[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: NAME FOR A MALE PUP

  • From: "L. Hartten" <hartten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 11:38:37 -0700

Dear Dawn,

On 3/17/06 11:31 AM, D.G.Bonome wrote:

>I will be getting a male pup sometime in April.It has to begin with the letter
>"L".
>
>  I have picked out the name '"LAZIER". I do not want a common name. Any other
> name suggestions out there?

  Do you realize that *everyone* who reads that name will think that
he's more than lazy, he's lazier?  This coming from someone who has to
explain where the names "Sebago", "Neiman", and "Gongbi" come from --
but at least people actually ask me, and don't assume I'm dissing the
dog/cat.

  Is this for a formal (AKC) name?  Sebago was from a "G" litter.  We
really liked the name Sebago for his call name, and since New Hampshire
is the Granite State and Sebago Lake is in NH, we named him "Starray's
Granite Lake" and called him Sebago.  Our English Setter came with a
call name, Brittany, and we had to pick a formal name that had "sweet"
in it -- she became "Upland Sweet Baker", because the Ovens of Brittany
in Madison WI made such great cinnamon rolls & desserts.  You could do
something similar, pick a call name you like and then find an L-word to
tie it to.

Cheers,
  Leslie