[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mystique, etc.

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:06:30 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/2005 11:03:41 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Schipstar@xxxxxxx writes:
Okay,  last time for me to respond to this...  I LOVED Mystique!  I saw her
here in CA on quite a few occasions, as she often was out here when she  was
being campaigned.  Every time I watched her in the ring, I was  awestruck by
her.
When I expressed my admiration of her at the GSD  ring, or one time, when
surrounded by a large group of GSD "show people"  at the BIS ring, THEY ALL
jumped down my throat and told me that she was NOT a  "specialty" dog, and the
"specialty" people didn't care for her.   THAT certainly put ME in my "place"!
This did not happen on only one  occasion, but on several, maybe they were
ticked off because she used to  "blow into CA" and kick everyone's butt, but
that's what was said to me  when I made the mistake of openly admiring her.

I'm sorry I quoted  this, perhaps mistakenly, but the fact is, this is maybe
why  people  should think before they make nasty comments, in this case,
possibly out  of competitive jealousy, while standing around at ringside.

Still  standing... and still loving GSDs and learning all I can about  them...

Lynn

I would LOVE  to know who made those comments........we all hate  losing, but
losing to Mystique, well, I didn't have a problem with that, and we  went BOS
a couple times showing against her.  She was a wonderful dog,  and a
wonderful GSD.....My experience always was that the fancy loved Mystique  and
her
sister Kricket, regardless of what ring they were on.
Kricket went down in history achieving the GVx title, and Mystique went  down
in history as the winniest (sp?)  dog ever.  She was first a  specialty dog,
having attained the Select raking 2 times if I am not  mistaken.  Specialty
people loved her  plenty. She later blossomed in the All Breed ring much to the

delight of all of us, I am sure.  All Breeders still remember her, she had
lots of admirers. All I can say, that has to be a happy and proud breeder.
I don't know were you were standing that "everyone" jumped you for admiring
her, not once but on several occasions. I saw Mystique and showed  against her
plenty, Wayne Green was showing our Ivanhoe and we used to  tease each other
that we were going to beat Mystique.  Actually, we loved  her.  I never ever
heard anyone say anything bad about Mystique  on the ring or ringside, except
that she wasn't in everyone's  backyard....<G>

Ileana