[ SHOWGSD-L ] Mystique, etc.

  • From: Schipstar@xxxxxxx
  • To: TCYPRESS@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:02:37 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/2005 8:18:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time, TCYPRESS
writes:
I THINK YOU KNOW NOTHNG ABOUT DOG PEOPLE.MYSTIQUE WAS A BEAUTFILL BITCH AND
DESERVED ALL HER WINS.MAKING GROUPS OF PEOPLE SO CALLEDALL BREED AND SPECIALTY
PEOPLE IS WRONG.A GOOD DOG IS A GOOD DOG PERIOD,REGARDLESS WHERE IT IS SHOWN.
PUTTING THESE LABELS ON PEOPLE ONLY REFLECTS THE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE FOR OUR
BREED.
I SHOW IN BOTH RINGS , IM A BREEDER AND EXHIBITOR OF GERMAN SHEPHERDS PERIOD.
TOM
Okay, last time for me to respond to this...  I LOVED Mystique!  I saw her
here in CA on quite a few occasions, as she often was out here when she was
being campaigned.  Every time I watched her in the ring, I was awestruck by
her.
When I expressed my admiration of her at the GSD ring, or one time, when
surrounded by a large group of GSD "show people" at the BIS ring, THEY ALL
jumped
down my throat and told me that she was NOT a "specialty" dog, and the
"specialty" people didn't care for her.  THAT certainly put ME in my "place"!
This did not happen on only one occasion, but on several, maybe they were
ticked off because she used to "blow into CA" and kick everyone's butt, but
that's what was said to me when I made the mistake of openly admiring her.

I'm sorry I quoted this, perhaps mistakenly, but the fact is, this is maybe
why  people should think before they make nasty comments, in this case,
possibly out of competitive jealousy, while standing around at ringside.

Still standing... and still loving GSDs and learning all I can about them...

Lynn

Lynn Brown - Ebonystar Schipperkes/Angelsgate Rescue
http://www.angelsgaterescue.com/ & http://www.schipperkerescue.com/
Post Office Box 92283 - Long Beach, CA 90809 (562) 428-9832
...special dogs for special people since 1972