[ SHOWGSD-L ] My take - Westminster

  • From: "Caggra@xxxxxxx" <caggra@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 12:53:37 -0500 (EST)

I find all the posts and responses about Westminster thoroughly entertaining.
Yes, some people border on tacky with their choice of words, but overall people
seem genuinely pumped up about the show...a good thing!  Many people have
posted that they felt the Peke should not have won.  Many have posted that
putting down the Peke is poor manners.  It's a dog show people and opinions are
as common as - well you know!   As long as people aren't saying anything truly
rude or demeaning about the dog or the owners, I feel it's perfectly human for
us all to have various viewpoints and should be able to express those
viewpoints.  This is a private list afterall and we come here to share ideas
and opinions with each other.  And it's better than arguing about White GSD's,
the Board, the National sites and all the other ridiculous petty stuff that is
commonplace here. <vbg>

No the Peke would not have personally been my choice, but the judge had that
opinion and I defitely repect that.   I felt Capi looked truly beautiful and
really did push the image of the German Shepherd up a notch or too, especially
for Joe Public... I thought the Dalmatian was really quite beautiful in motion
and type as well.

Jeff Pyle
Windfall