[ SHOWGSD-L ] My sincere sympathies - Tom

  • From: "Cynthia Gialluca" <cgialluca@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <TCYPRESS@xxxxxxx>, "showgsd" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dayglyn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 10:10:47 -0500

Dear Maria, and the Cypress team,

I am writing yo to offer my most sincere condolences on the passing of Tom.
I did not know him personally, and never had the chance to really talk to
him.  As a result I fear that I have missed out on a golden chance to learn
a great deal.  I knew of Tom, had seen him at nationals, and other dog
shows.  I can remember sitting out by the fire pit in Scottsdale AZ
listening while he and a group of other very knowledgeable breeders
discussed dogs, but I did not contribute.  Tom could be a bit intimidating
to a newbie, and that I was, and in reality still am, but you knew just
listening to him that he was a wealth of knowledge.  I never had the courage
to engage him in conversation, and that now is my loss.  Many will miss him,
and many more will miss that they never got the chance to know him, and tap
into that wealth of knowlege.  He is gone, but his legacy will live on in
his dogs and in the lives he touched.  In the end, that is the greatest
honor one can have.

May God smile down on you and yours during this difficult time.

Cindy Gialluca
Cyneca German Shepherds
http://www.gsdcofaustin.org/