[ SHOWGSD-L ] My rant

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:22:28 EDT

I am headed back to trial, and have only a few minutes to post.  But,  before
I head out, I do want to address something I was told today.

share with us this great sport, and those remembered at our national, I was
told
that one of our board members stated that Bob Scholes will not be  mentioned.

Now, I am not going to rant and rave. If he is included or not, it will not
change our memories of what he has done for this breed, or all the friends he
has and those of us who will continue to remember him.

But, when we start to qualify those we mention in memory, how petty are we
becoming?  What harm does it do to those who loved and respected him to  take
what can't be more than two seconds to say his name.  It does not seem  to me
that the memory will be diminished either way, but it does say a lot about  us
as a club, when we start to judge who is remembered in passing.

I will not stay to listen when the names are read, it is something I choose
to do privately. But, each of us should decide to ourselves how easily we can
be  judged by others, and how such a simple act can comfort or offend.

I do hope this is reconsidered, but either way, the world will go on, but  so
many will not be there to enjoy it. We must remember that, and embrace each
day and each other.

Evan_  Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come together