[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My questions & take on the Ameteur Fut/Mat & Handlers...hmmmmmmm

  • From: LBaird1608@xxxxxxx
  • To: bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:05:23 EDT

In a message dated 10/22/2007 10:17:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Rikers123@xxxxxxx writes:
I can  tell you personally that the man who  showed
and won the first  Amateur Futurity Victor thought he'd gone GV. Does the
program need  tweaking ? Yeah it does

Yeah but Denise no offense meant here & I am thrilled that is was a son  of
your dog that won!! HUGE CONGRATS!!!!

 BUT... that MAN.. Rickey White has been showing dogs for you &  Melissa &
others in the Atlanta Area since before I quit showing &  breeding dogs FIVE
years ago!  (YES, count them we have been gone for FIVE  LONG YEARS NOW!!!!)
(And as I last remembered he was also  picking up at shows for Jimmy and his
assistants & HAS finished CH's on  other breeds too) So I am still unclear as
how he is an AMATEUR  handler???
 I would think after you show for a certain amount of time (he has  been
showing dogs for people OTHER then dogs he owns or co-owns or has  personally
bred
for over 7 years now), or until you have finished (he did finish  another dog
for Melissa that he neither owns/co-owns or bred) and/or in Rickey's  case
HAS been LISTED in an All Breed let alone a Specialty Catalog as an AGENT  or
let's see he HAS WON a group 1 (I believe it was on the brother of your male
that he NOW co-owns with you & in Montgomery,AL Right Lee Brown, I think it
was
under you??)or even a MAJOR then you are NO LONGER an Amateur   NO????

Someone correct me PLEASE if I am wrong!  I personally feel this is  NOT what
the Amateur Fut/Mat is supposed to be about .....  I thought it  WAS to
ENCOURAGE NEW & I mean NEW people to exhibit, not experienced people  who are
trying to short cut around the System............  What about the  other REAL
amateurs who didnt have the knowledge about how to present or handle  that
showed &
lost is this FAIR to them???

Guess Patrick should enter next year & handle as an amateur for  me huh?
<G>  Since I have not shown for so long WE  must now be an amateur's again
right?   LOL

I think this system needs LOT'S of work to make things fair & to  ENCOURAGE
NOT DISCOURAGE the NEWBIE'S!!!! Or throw out the Amateur system all  together
since some have found a way to cheat the system....................  This is in
my not so humble, BUT honest opinion!!!!!!!

OK, I said my peace now back to lurking again.

Patrick  & Lorrie Patricelli
Sturdevant  Shepherds