[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My questions & take on the Ameteur Fut/Mat & Handlers.....An example

  • From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: LBaird1608@xxxxxxx, List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Leann Neiman <sportscarbabe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:56:20 -0700 (PDT)

Years ago the Lapeer County 4-H wanted to prohibit Several of the 4-H kids from
competing why because they were also showing in AKC shows and were more skilled
than their peers were. Case in point I was asked to Judge a match for my
aughter not an easy task as 4 of the entries had to pull because they were
nieces, nephew and my daughter. Anyhow my best Jr was very experienced as she's
been showing innAKC plus her dog was a Ch finished by her. Even Leann had an
edge as she was showing our Basenjis' and had gone RWB from the 9-12 over
handlers..
Bob Neiman
LBaird1608@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 10/23/2007 1:35:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I think  the key is to redefine the term amatuer....

LOL That's all I was trying to say.  When I heard about the am fut/mat  I
immediately thought ... wow great new fresh adults and kids  showing and a way
for new people to stand a fighting chance up against the  pro's. Maybe now a
good dog can still win somehow & maybe both dog and  handler will be recognized
in the process.

I never meant anything else, but how it might appear to potential newbies
who might have seen him in the ring on a regular basis.

Lorrie  Patricelli
Sturdevant  Shepherds

http://mail.yahoo.com