[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My questions & take on the Ameteur Fut/Mat & Handlers.....

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 06:00:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Evan, I showed 4 dogs in the Amateur Futurity. One was a BOS MW Futurity
bitch the year before and finished her championship before two, one was Reserve
in the regular futurity the same weekend and the other took a 4 point major at
a specialty under John Bemont shortly after. I don't call that dumbing down .
The young man that showed the dogs had not ever shown dogs before this year and
he is hooked.  Ann
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 10/23/2007 11:06:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
O.K. Lorrie, are you suggesting that we stop the Amateur F/M or are you
suggesting that we redefine Amateur? If we need to redefine amateur then
what do you suggest as the new requirements? I ask this as a member of the
Futurity Committee.

I am not a fan of the Amateur Futurity/Maturity. It was to make those who
could not compete at the regular Futurity. I feel this is dumbing down our
shows, and was the wrong way to go. I have only seen it one year and it dragged
out our show for over two hours. It made a few people happy, and didn't seem
worth it to me.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

Ann
                                     Home of Sel Ex Ch Mechanical Bull and #1
Dam I've Got It All. Breeder-owner of 64 champions and 18 ROMs