[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My questions & take on the Ameteur Fut/Mat & Handlers.....

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:40:29 EDT

In a message dated 10/23/2007 9:19:35 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
I feel  this is dumbing down our
shows, and was the wrong way to go.  I  have only seen it one year and it
dragged
out our show for over two  hours.

I totally disagree.  I do not think it dumbed down our show in the  least.
How can showing beautiful dogs by excited young people possibly  dumb down our
breed or show?  It did not drag down the show.  Having  ten and 20  minutes
between its classes dragged the show.  It could  have been over in an hour if
it
had run class right after class with no long  breaks between.
This is a subject Evan and I have agreed to disagree on.  I still love  him
to death.  People can have differences of opinion and still respect  each
other.  If we all agreed only one dog would have to show up to win all  dog
shows.

Carol