[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My questions & take on the Ameteur Fut/Mat & Handlers.....

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LBaird1608@xxxxxxx" <LBaird1608@xxxxxxx>, cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:25:23 -0500

Lorrie and all. I think the rules of the amateur fut, stated that anyone
could handle if they had not received compensation a year prior to the
regional amateur event.Based on these rules, if Steve had not accepted
compensation the year prior he would have also been considered an "amateur"
The status of amateur should be based on money, not on dogs finished or if
you have finished your own dogs or even if you have handled for others for
free and have finished their dogs, if no money has ever been accepted, then
by definition the handler is an amateur..If  the rules need to be modified
to state that the amateur has never finished his own dog, ever put points
on a dog and never showed another dog, even if it were free, then petition
the fut. chair for a change in the rules.Personally I think those type of
rules would be very stringent.Bottom line is, if the handler of the Am. fut
Victor met the current criteria., lets not rain on his parade! Can't we all
be happy for someone who was ecstatic over his and the dog's win!!!
Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM