[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My pet peeve

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 20:30:33 -0400

"Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx> writes:
... There are two things that irritate me - not that you care - one
of them is the word German Shepherd (think of sheep herder) - some
refer to them as "Shepard".   The other is the word Sieger (sounds
like seeger) show - it is not Seiger show.

Another is "dyeing" vs. "dying."  I've been out of town for the past
3 days and was perusing the subject lines of the List mail I found in
my box.  Several subjects caught my eye -- "Dying,"  "Dying dogs,"
and "Dying and sportsmanship."  (I was very intrigued by that "Dying
and sportsmanship" subject line.)

I wasn't exactly sure, but I thought perhaps this was going to be a
discussion regarding serious health issues in our Breed today.
Imagine my surprise to find the posts were about DYEING dogs not
DYING dogs!  <G>

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Allemande German Shepherd Dogs
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam