[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My first National

  • From: "Paula M. Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 06:38:35 GMT

In the summer of the next year, 1974, I was 26 years old and pregnant with my
first, last and only child.  I came to visit my parents in CA and called Bob
and Linda Freeny, introduced myself, and asked if I could drop by their house
and meet Mike.  They were then, and still are, two of the most gracious and
kind people I have ever met in dogs.  They invited me over, and Mike and I sat
on the couch and became acquainted.  That was, truly, one of the thrills of my
life while involved in this sport.  I met, up close and personal, Double GV
Mike!!  That was way cool!

Sadly, I never met Boss up close and personal, but, I did meet Double GV Scoop
(in Oregon, I think) and WOW!!  What a male he was!!

BTW, I joined the PC in 1976 and have been a continual member ever since.  The
longest relationship in my life, after motherhood, of course!  :-)

My first National was around then, too, in Louisville.  1975, maybe?  Think GV
was Caesar v Carahaus and GVx, the fantabulous Langenau's Tango!  Now those
were movers!!  I believe that Ernie Loeb judged intersex.  Not a dry eye in the
house when the Parade of Greats went in under a blue light while "My Old
Kentucky Home" was played over the speakers.  I was hooked!!

Paula, 309 days and counting

Home of BIS, BISS, Multi-Group Winning, AKC JAM/AOE, Intern'l & Am CH, Silver
Grand Champion Asgard Harley Davidson, HT, PT, CGC, TC, HIC, OFA CHIC #64047
(Hips, Elbows, Cardiac, & Thyroid),.1st male GSD Grand Champion. 2010 #1 GSD in
California, Lifetime #1 GSD in Michigan, 2010 #1 GSD male in USA (AKC GCH
Stats), 2011 Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Invitee. 2010-2011-Lifetime AKC
Eukanuba invitee.