[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My first National

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 21:02:12 -0800

AH yes.......I think I remember him too!
<G>
Toss.........er...BOSS....was not shown the following year at the National as
he was working
with me as a security dog on the movie set of Phenomenon with John Travolta
that was shot
locally here in the town of Auburn, Calif.   ( we patrolled the sets between
shootings as the
equipment and sets were worth the price of two of our house.........<G>  )
Quite a few night shifts for us for that movie!
John Travolta was mobbed as he made his way around our small town to the
set.......but
Robert Duvall could go all over the town and eat in the local restaurants and
half the people
didn't recognize him.
I never did see Kevin Bacon's wife around   ( Kira Sedgewick )
I was bummed out about missing the '96'  National.........but ah YES....then
came 1997!!
<G>
By the way.........in 1973 at my very first National .......one of my biggest
thrills was to meet
Yoncalla's Mike and spend a few minutes with him.     What an awesome German
Shepherd Dog!!!
Like Boss.........his photos never did him justice.....not even the same.....
as the dog in 'person'

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com