[ SHOWGSD-L ] My final post for the night...aren't you glad

  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 19:54:19 -0400 (EDT)

I have one simple question for any and all Board members who were at this
last meeting:

If indeed a new contract was signed with Purina, who signed it?

Now remember, I do not want opinions or your thoughts, if you do not know,
do not attempt to answer.

I realize that not all the Board members are on this list, so I will
address this question to them individually as well.  ...Pauline (calmer but
still riled...you have all heard of the "perils of pauline" have you not?)

Pauline Moon  - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Ropaja German  Shepherds:Member-GSDCAmercia & GSDCAtlanta - Best In Show
AKC JAM/AOE/ BISS  CH Ropaja's Chateau Beaujolais OFA HIC; BISS AKC CH
Ropaja's Chateau Beaulieu  OFA HIC; Our future: AKC BISS & GRP W CH. Ropaja's
Je
Suis Fleur De  Lis; AKC MJR PTD Ropaja's Je Suis Gabrielle.

In a message dated 8/6/2010 7:20:05 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

showgsd-l Digest    Fri, 06 Aug 2010    Volume:  04  Issue: 1444

In This Issue:
#1:     From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
Subject: Sit,  stay
#2:    From: Lindenhill German Shepherds  <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Membership roster?
#3:    From:  ELG440@xxxxxxx
Subject: I heard it on the  Grapevine
#4:    From: Ken Tank  <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: THE  AMATURE FUTURITY
#5:    From: Kathy Tank  <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Amateur  Futurity, commentary by an expert
#6:    From:  ELG440@xxxxxxx
Subject: Name your  perversion
#7:    From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
Subject: trimming your emails

Msg:  #1 in digest
From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 18:44:05  EDT

In a message dated 8/6/10 12:41:57 PM Pacific  Daylight Time,
dan-ann@xxxxxxxx writes:

What it  shows  is that one group is trying desperately to make others look
bad.  Threats  and intimidation are becoming common

Would  anyone like to address the story that someone stood up at  the board

meeting and threatened to sue the club and the board if they put   Margy's
law suit on the parent club page?  It is public record  anyway, so  why
would
anyone do that.

I won't name names since  I support that person for the board and like him
very much, and also  I only heard it from two board members.  But, what the

hell is  going on?

Someone needs to expose all the threats, hostile attitudes,  mistakes, and
misfeasance, and do it in an official capacity so that  we know the truth,
and  not rumors.

Evan   Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament   come together

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in  digest
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 22:42:07 +0000 (UTC)
From: Lindenhill  German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>

You can also print it from the members area(where it is  current)
http://www.gsdca.org/images/pdf_items/member_roster_201003.pdf

regards,

** my personal mantra - constantly resist  being put in a box - of any kind
**

From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 18:50:26  EDT

In a message dated 8/6/10  1:37:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx  writes:

always  wondered what it would be like to be a Board  member now I know. I
wouldn 't  last 2 hours before I told someone to  screw themselves.

It does take some thick skin.

When I  was on the board, one of the women ended up crying most of the
meetings.

I heard one of our current board members did stand  up and tell someone or
maybe everyone to go to hell at the last  meeting. Now, that is not the
same
as  telling them to screw  themselves, but that person is a hero to me.

Maybe that board member  would like to let us know why that happened?

Not that there is anything  wrong with that.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament   come together

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in  digest
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 15:55:23 -0700
From: Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>

It appears from  your survey, Nancy, that all 6 responses were basically
unhappiness with  judging.
Am I wrong or should the Amateur Futurity winners be required to  have an
amateur on their dog at the National? Otherwise I can stick an  amateur on
my
dog at the futurity, with only a few to compete with, and  hire a top
handler
at the National. I don't think that's right.

I  think most objections to the Amateur Futurity would go away IF the
Amateur
Futurity was AFTER the regular Futurity.

Ken

------------------------------

Msg:  #5 in digest
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 16:12:26 -0700
From: Kathy Tank  <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>

*
Many many people are against having  the Am Fut.  There are a myriad of
reasons, and like the Healthcare  plan,
that has been rammed down the collective throats of America, the Am
Futurity
seems to be a an idea who is
widely opposed by many, yet  despite that , it still remains.
My opinion may not matter to those in  charge, I am after all just one of
the
"little guys"....just one  person
but how about someone that is a renowned judge, and the  quintessential
student of the breed?
Read below, right from his  mouth.
"The amateur futurity is a dead man walking**. Itâ??s time to admit it  is
similar to the conditional class - a great idea in theory but in  reality
less than thrilling.."*
This was stated by Dave Rinke in his  interview.

I believe he is absolutely, 100% dead nuts on.  But is  anyone listening????

Kathy  Tank
*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*<http://www.victorygermanshepherds.co
m>
PUP-DATED:  JULY 20, 2010
*Home of:

CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26  BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle  *
*
"Victory... There's Something In a  Name"*

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in  digest
From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 19:16:03  EDT

In a message dated 8/6/10 1:49:39  PM Pacific Daylight Time,
cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  writes:

I've  been going to board meetings off and on for a long  time and = try to
keep  up with what's going on. Is that a  sin?

No, but from what I am hearing it might be  masochism.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament   come together

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in  digest
From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 19:19:21 -0400  (EDT)

BRAVO Sue!  I realize in  the great scheme of life, that posting and
re-posting the entire  fricking digest when you are responding to a post is
 not
the worst  thing that could happen; however, it is D*** annoying...Just  my

personal opinion of course...

Pauline Moon  -  _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Ropaja German   Shepherds:Member-GSDCAmercia & GSDCAtlanta - Best In Show
AKC JAM/AOE/  BISS  CH Ropaja's Chateau Beaujolais OFA HIC; BISS AKC CH
Ropaja's  Chateau Beaulieu  OFA HIC; Our future: AKC BISS & GRP W CH.
Ropaja's  Je
Suis Fleur De  Lis; AKC MJR PTD Ropaja's Je Suis Gabrielle.

In a message dated 8/6/2010 4:57:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

From:  "Sue Mazzeo"  <Sue.Mazzeo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Futurity   Trophies

Certainly not.  But not trimming your emails  is.   <BEG>

Sue   Mazzeo

End of  showgsd-l Digest V4  #1444