[ SHOWGSD-L ] My final answer

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 14:30:14 EST

In a message dated 3/7/2007 9:20:08 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:
I'm  supposing that the list and the membership saw Carmen's recent actions
and  didn't see them as doing a great deal of good for  GSDCA.

I have avoided directly addressing this, but now after DD posted, I  think I
need to.  Well, maybe more that I want to.

I cannot blame nor criticize Carmen for his position on Mr. Hunte.   Carmen
is an employee of the AKC. The AKC has decided, (rightly or wrongly) to
support Hunte, and Carmen has little choice but to go with his employer.   It
is too
bad, but it became a conflict with what is best for the GSDCA, and  that is
why we need a delegate who is not an AKC director.

As for Carmen's ability to judge, or if you should show under him, that is
an opinion and decision  for each person to establish, and do so after
reflection and consideration of what Carmen has done in the past, when he has
judged.

I do not agree with Carmen on his position on Mr. Hunte, but I will not
attack him  for doing what he considers best, first for himself, then his
family,
then his employer, and lastly our club.  I also do not agree with  Carmen's
use of Lew's letter. But, that is up to Lew to deal with, and I know he  will.
I have known Carmen for a long time, consider him a friend, and  understand
the conflicts he faces.  His past actions on behalf of our club  and our breed
should not be ignored.

If you turn off your computer and sign a bright light on it, it becomes a
mirror. Maybe we all need to look at ourselves in a mirror a bit more, and then

decide how much energy we want to use to attack others.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together
http://www.aol.com.