[ SHOWGSD-L ] My Visit to Petland

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 13:07:08 -0700

I could not help but go to this store where Rick had gone to see this GS
puppy. My first impression: Super clean, all of it, even the pups. Lots of
sales people running around catering to customers. I went past the rows of
puppies, most of them sleeping. All the cages are separated from you by a
long glass screen. When I got to the GS puppy I saw a small baby, paws quite
small, so I knew she would not be a tall bitch. One of her eyes had some
goop on it, nothing major. Got the attention of a clerk and asked how much
this puppy was. Well, she is still $2000.-, just like Rick said. Then I
asked if she was registered. Again, the same response Rick got, "not with
AKC". When asked to see the pedigree, here she was giving it to me, like
they say "signed, sealed and delivered". I wish my memory was a little
better. I tried to take it all in, don't have a photographic mind, but in
all honesty all but one did not seem familiar (the kennel name). Way back in
the 5th generation they were all German dogs.
I will not disclose the kennel name to the list. In lieu of our present
problem it did not seem proper to do that.

I wished I had the guts to place a warning on those cages for prospective
buyers, but there are too many sales people watching you.

Lee