[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My Take on Advertising

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Anja_Heibloem-Stroud@xxxxxxx, freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:50:27 -0700 (PDT)

Anji my dear...I guess you too took offense to the slam against every "breeder"
who advertises in the newspaper...let me restate that...I did not take offense
to it...I thought it was a poor insensitive comment and I responded to it,
perhaps that was not the intent of the messenger....we need to be careful when
we come on this list an give the impression that my way is the only way and
your way is garbage..."we" collectively do this far far too often...your
opinion is your opinion and God bless you for having one...but do not trash me
( not that I personally really give a *&^%) if I see and do things differently
from you...there are things folks do on this list relating to how they feed and
interact with their animals that I don't do...should I trash and called the
names....come on folks...we have too many enemies already without fighting and
calling each other names....but as my good friend Kathaleen Strong ( I love
that woman) would say..."But what the hell do I know"......
 FB
Anja Heibloem-Stroud <Anja_Heibloem-Stroud@xxxxxxx> wrote:MacDonald's does,
Walmart does it, every other person/ business who has a item to sell does! WHY
does advertising a dog seem to raise the ire of everyone involved? Why is
advertising on the internet OK, advertising in magazines OK, but OH DEAR, OH
DEAR, put a ad in the local paper and you are scum of the earth! I've never
heard such bull shit! Some of the best people in the world read newspapers, in
fact newspapers were one of the first mediums to let people know about
available merchandise. Dogs are just that, surplus puppies are sold. No matter
if you plan the litter for a pup for yourself, you usually have leftovers to
sell. Most people who are looking for something logically go to a newspaper,
remember the internet has only been going for a short time, breed magazines are
not normally available to the general public. Yes, there is Dog Fancy, Dog
World, but again that is advertising, no different than a ad in the pa
 per, not
 even much different in price anymore than a ad in
the paper. THERE is nothing wrong with advertising, be it on the internet, in a
trade publication, in a newspaper, a ad on the wall of your favorite vet or
feed store. You don't attract any different kind of person by a newspaper ad
than any other kind of ad! REMEMBER THIS advertising is only a method of
letting people know what you have available. THEN it is up to you if you want
to meet the "buyers". Anja
Anja Heibloem-Stroud
www.pet-net.net/hausmekon/

POST is Copyrighted 2005. All material remains the property of the original