[ SHOWGSD-L ] My Love affair....

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 03:17:04 EST

Got your attention, didn't it....

Here I sit at  3 am, watching over TJ who is not feeling well.   Catching up
with 929 emails....WOW, this is a new record.....

Everyday past my dogs 10th birthday is a cause of celebration for me. I
watch their every change, their weight, anything that could make them
uncomfortable.

TJ vomited yesterday and today, and even thou the vet is SURE nothing is
wrong, I disagree.  So I will keep an eye on him until he gets sick of  me.

Dexter, of course, being all about Dexter, he thinks is way too cool we are
up when he should be in bed. He is in love with his new toy, a big bone in a
rope that has become his obsession.  With one ear up and one still down,  this
little guy think he is hot stuff.  He lays next to TJ, showing off his  new
possession.  TJ pretends to be amused. He has my pillow, that's the  real prize.

One is 11 years, the other one is 11 weeks......what a range, and yes, I am
in love all over again.

My hubby has been up a couple of times to check on us, and he just shakes
his head and smiles......what a guy!!

At 11,  TJ is getting up there but, he is not there yet. When I had my
battle with cancer a few years back, I called Bobby and asked her if she  would
take TJ if  things got real bad. There was not a moment of hesitation  on her
answer.  I had other dogs, and I knew the breeders wouldn't  hesitate to help
either. Glad it never came to that, they were my motivation to  get out of bed
every morning.  You have to get up or clean the  mess.......easy choice, eh?
LOL

But to know, without a doubt, that there were people to look after MY guys,
that was such a relieve. With my kids in college and my husband traveling all
the time, you have no idea what a blessing that knowledge was.

Thru the last 20 years I have lost my share of dogs, as have we all.   To be
able to reach out to our friends, who understand the pain we feel, it is  like
a balsam.  Some hit harder than others, I will never forget Buster or  Tess.
Some didn't live long enough, even at 14. Von, Capi and Rigger, I  hoped you
had lived to 20, but even then it would've been too soon.

At moments like this, when you worry about these guys making it another  day,
 you think of your friends.
We can ask for vet advice, and you will find things to share with your vet
that will amaze the AVA.
A knowledgeable and open minded veterinarian is a blessing, trust me.

This is something the likes of Hunte and the puppy millers don't  understand.
They never will.

Our dogs are not just a number.  They are our buddies.  My dogs,  they are my
love affair.

Ileana
http://www.aol.com.