[ SHOWGSD-L ] My Loni

  • From: Liane M Fossland <lfossland@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 12:07:32 -0700

Today is my Loni's birthday, she is 9 years old. It seems just like
yesterday that I brought her home, a little bundle of fur at 6 weeks old.
Where did the time go?
We are celebrating with a long stroll in the Park and ice cream and lots
of hugs and kisses.
Loni was born to be a "mama" dog. She was the best mother anyone could
have. She was bred twice and presented me with 12 puppies each time, 24
in all, lost one each. One of her progeny became a champion, two had
their CD's and one became a police officer. The rest were placed in great
homes.
Whenever we had a new addition to our "Clan" she took the new addition
under her "wings" and reverted to the mother role she was so good at.
Although it took her seven tries to get her CD - she always had a mind of
her own - she honestly earned it.
Loni was never put in the show ring, she really had and still has a job
she takes very seriously: To make her mom and all around her loved by her
presence.
Lee

Liane (Lee) Fossland
Steppenwind German Shepherds  www.steppenwindgsd.com
Home of Ch. Donar, Loni, CD,  Auburn, KaraMia & Windy