[ SHOWGSD-L ] My Last Word on Hunte.......

  • From: "EDEN HALL" <GSDHALLMARK@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 21:45:03 -0800

My last word before I put this topic to bed, for a few months anyway.....
For me, when the board votes against the well being of dogs and secondly the
membership, I have a duty as membership to express outrage and frustration at
bad policy and decision making.  Not to kill a dead horse (which Hunte would
probably buy and sell), but there was no reason under the stars above to let
this guy into our club.

Yet, he's here.  The board is our voice and they let us down.  Jim and I wrote,
and MANY others of you, that we will quit if the situation was not rectified.
A board member contacted us personally upon reading of our e'mail and said they
will be rectifying the situation.

With that action, we will wait the few months promised to make the change.  I
trust this person and believe him.

However, if this isn't resolved and Hunte continues to be a member of our club,
we choose not to stand side-by-side with someone who does what Hunte does.
That doesn't mean we love the breed any less, that we are not fighters, that we
won't continue to breed, show and love our dogs and our friends.  It doesn't
mean we don't support the club.  It just means we are taking a stand against
being associated with someone like Hunte.  We don't want to be in a club with a
slimy guy like that.  That's it, very simple.

He's a disgrace to animal lovers and what this club stands for.

As the board didn't do right by dogs or the membership, we therefore had no
recourse with them except to threaten to weaken the membership.

This has worked along with threats from all the rest of you who have done the
same thing as well as all the other pressure exerted on the board.

We do support the club and will give them some time.  Hopefully, they can make
the necessary changes, everyone saves face and we all have been heard.

We fight where we can make an impact, and if we lose, then having this guy in
our 'dog family' is just not acceptable to us.

I believe in the club and I believe the board will make the changes soon.  Go
to work Board.....

Edie Hall

Hallmark German Shepherds - updated Jan 2007
Top American And German Lines
http:/www.gsdhallmark.homestead.com/index.html