[ SHOWGSD-L ] My Hero

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 04:30:40 -0400

My girl, Maggie, reminded me tonight that she has protected me just as much as
those OTHER dogs I wrote about, LOL!? Ok, I don't think I was in real danger
but she did and that's what is important.?
At an AB show a few years ago, I was walking Maggie through the vendor area.?
These 2 Boston terriers escaped their crate and went after Maggie.? I grabbed
Maggie at the same time two vendors dove for the dogs.? One got Maggie's hock
but didn't break skin.? They veered off and went after an Anatolian shepherd.?
The owner finally got them and put them back in the crate.? These dogs were
crate aggressive and kept slamming up against the crate door, trying to get at
any dog that walked by.? One of the vendors asked the owner to turn the crate
around so the dogs would stop.? He went off on her and told her can't she see
he was on the phone.? I had walked away from the area to give the guy time to
leave.? My booth was next to where his crates were parked.? When I came back, I
saw him yelling at the other vendor.? I politely asked him to leave as he and
his dogs were creating a disturbance.? He turned on me, fists clenched and
squared off on me.? This guy was about 6'4" and well ov
 er 250 lbs.?

I still had Maggie with me and when she saw his stance, she got between me and
the man, hackles raised.? No growling, no teeth bared but no doubt she was not
pleased.? The man accused me of having a vicious dog and I better back off.? I
laughed at him since his dogs attacked my dog, not the other way around.? He
started to threaten me, saying he was going to report me to the Show Supt. and
other threats.? I told him to go ahead but I was at my booth and?my dog was
staying with me until he left.? He chose to leave.?

Now, I don't think he would've done anything to me in the middle of a dog
show.? But, I was proud of Maggie for not eating his stupid little dogs and for
letting him know she would not tolerate him squaring off on her Mom.?

Sidenote:? We found out who he was.? We did report him to the?AKC Rep?and wrote
out statements, since he had already left.? We had 6 witnesses.? We were
notified a couple months later that the AKC suspended him for 6mos.??

Laura Thomas?
AOL at AOL.com.