[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My Fax Machine Runneth Over

  • From: mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <Erynbrook@xxxxxxx>, <CARALAND@xxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:58:21 -0500

Most companies I know of, including mine, don't want to chance it - too easy to
make a mistake.  There's an entire department of people whose job is to scrub
the entire database against the DNC List every month and remove every number
that hits.  Right now, while it may not be foolproof, it will definitely reduce
the volume.

It is also my understanding that the FTC is revising the rules so that
non-commercial faxes and email will also be covered.

Margery Golant
Sent from my iPaq Pocket PC