[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My Choice

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 17:27:24 GMT

Sorry, but I'm confused.  If a missing tooth is described in the breed standard
as a fault or serious fault, where in the rules does it say the judge is
allowed to accept a reasonable explanation for that missing tooth?  I mean if
it's a missing tooth, it's a missing tooth.  This sounds like the entire
standard isn't worth the paper it's printed on.  I always "thought" that the
judges are supposed to abide by the standard but it appears they can do any
thing they want, ignore the parts of the standard they chose to ignore - so why
even bother showing dogs?
Reading this thread makes me feel like polishing off my WGSD, getting a letter
from a genetics expert to explain that he's really a colored dog with a white
overcoat and showing him to his championship.  He doesn't have testicles so I
guess I'll get a note from the vet that he had them too.  He's a longhair but
that's okay because the standard doesn't define coat length that carefully.
BUT he has ALL his teeth!!!
Gayle & the Hooligans!
Ringer-Honey-Kelly-Mac-Slider-Bruiser
Waiting at the Bridge:
Andy-Abbey-Tasha-Tex-Echo-Yukon-JR-Too-Niki-Bo

-- ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 12/6/2005 8:46:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pmick@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Does  that mean you'd want a letter from the vet for a dog with one
testicle,  too?  Where are you going to draw the line?

Exactly where the AKC tells me I can.  So far they leave it up to the  judge
in the center of the ring to decide.  Each one does what he feels is  right
within the rules they set up.

Some judges choose to think everyone is dishonest, some believe  everyone.
It is a personal decision.  I most often do it my  way.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together