[ SHOWGSD-L ] My Call Was Returned

  • From: "Terra Fairburn" <terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 08:09:06 -0500

Yesterday Bill Burgraff returned my phone call.  We discussed the Topeka
National and I got my questions answered regarding pricing of the stalls,
motels and RV sites.  There is no doubt that this is a HUGE responsibility and
Bill is very much into doing his volunteer job.  It comes back to money and how
expensive everything is that most of us want and demand at a National site.
When we finished the conversation I must admit that I did not feel as though it
is "us against them" as much but felt that I just don't want to spend so much
$$$ on a sport any more.  So when talking with my friends about that we decided
that we can groom outside near the van, stay in cheaper motels, and do much
like we do at any other show.  I accept what needs to be done and know that the
volunteers are doing what they can to put on the big show.  I thank you all.

I do want to clarify that we are not trying to get anything free, we are not
advocating a "welfare state" as one Board Member touted.  Many of us are the
working stiffs that make our money the old fashion way, "by getting a college
educations", finding and keeping our employment in a down sizing economy, and
balancing this dog sport with our life commitments to our families and friends.
 We are very successful in our professions and lives and would not change it
for anything.  We are smart and can see what and how things are running on the
Board and dog community (AKC).  We absolutely know how some have gotten ahead
in this sport and most of us would not follow in those footsteps.  There is
strength in numbers and the Baby Boomers are watching and listening!

So in parting:  Thank You GSDCA Board who respect us and know we are integral
in this club and breed.  Thank You to those who will be running in the upcoming
elections, (are you crazy?)  and thank you to those that returned my
calls....You are the BEST!

Terra Fairburn
Keggi Fair