[ SHOWGSD-L ] My Best Friend Chase

  • From: "Carol Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:29:35 -0700

I am so very sad to have to say that on Nov. 11 at about 8:30 AM we said our
good byes to the Red Sable.

He leaves us with so many memories of good times and happier days.  Life here
will never be the same without that big red head to hug every morning.  He was
the world's best GSD soccer player and was never more than a step away from me.
He always displayed his sound temperament and nothing ever shook him.  He never
met a stranger and anyone who could throw a ball was a keeper.  Chase never
passed by a table without jumping on it.  He really had a geat sence of humor.
 I know he loved the ring and he did it all because I asked him to.  He did
everything for me and didn't really care about anything else.
It seems I only had him for a minute and then he was gone.
This is so hard to do.

Chase had a whirlwind show career and was also successfully shown in the AB
ring.
We thank all the judges who found him worthy.

He produced a BIM Charan's Masquerade of Kimber,aka Dazzle and RFB Shalako's
Little Red Corvette v Danka,aka, Image (same Fut/Mat, what a day)!  I am so
very greatful to Image's breeder for letting me have her. I really need her now.

Special thanks to Joan Fox for his Select placing. Seems like yesterday I
carried that Black/Red ribbon in my lap on the flight home.  Couldn't chance it
getting lost.

Thank you to Nancy Godek McDonald who was his main handler and co-owner.  To
Bill Tank, Rick Haase, Art Sinclair, Bill Basu, Cindy Tellefson, Ben Bigornia
and anyone else who ever took that ride behind Chase. (forgive me if I missed
anybody)

I am grateful for the time I had with him and honored to have been loved by
such a kind soul.

This is so painful and Chase is sadly missed.  The house is quiet and his spot
is empty.

Carol