[ SHOWGSD-L ] My Beloved Mariah

  • From: "Erika A. Buckley" <Tamaringsd@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 12:08:43 -0700

To my Beloved Mariah   (V Tamarin's Mariah Mar Haven, TC, OFA H&E)

In the Autumn of 1997 I was blessed. I held you in my hands and each of your 9
brothers and sisters as they entered into this world. My promising star was
born. Mariah!

As you pups grew in leaps and bounds it became apparent that you were
determined to boss all of your littermates and sass your Mama Maya whenever she
tried to correct you. Your mama was very tolerant..to a point. One day she came
home from the vet with a cast on her front leg...she used it as a bat.

As time went on, I entered you in several shows..brought home blue ribbons and
a wooden plaque that had a star on it and you made it to the National's. The
first time shown, as a young pup, you told the judge in certain words to get
her hands off you. Your handler attempted to make it clear to you that this
behavior is unacceptable. But, with your determined mind it was obvious that
you had a 'Hands Off' attitude during the 'Hands On' exam.

Throughout your life you always had to thoroughly check out strangers before
giving them the honor of touching you.

Yet, the day I entered you in a Temperament Test, you did excellent and passed
with a high score. Guess I was honored that day by 'Her Majesty'.

At home you amazed me with how you were capable of using your paws to do
certain things...raccoon comes to mind. Things like opening your crate door to
take a nap at your choosing or to get out of site when I'm thinking it's time
to do your nails.

You were great at scanning all elevated surfaces, gently removing selected
items.

Your body language and facial expressions projected...look at me, aren't I
cute? At times when I was engaged in conversation, it never failed that within
your given time you would intentionally distract..such as using your paws to
knock over the tools that were leaning up against the house.

When walking with another dog, dare he try to check you out. You gave a quick,
brief message, Bug Off. And then continue with your own business.

You were a very good mom to the three beautiful litters you whelped. I remember
when ever I placed a pup on you to join the rest of the pups nursing, you would
get up and arrange the pups in the order you wanted them in. Leave it to Mariah.

Joy, laughter, companionship and a deep friendship with you my dear Mariah are
now a memory.

It is Autumn time of 2008. The dreaded day came for me to let go.

Goodbye my dear loyal friend Mariah. You gave so much and asked so little.

Erika