[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My 2-2-2-2 Theory of GSD rescue...LONG

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:28:02 -0700 (PDT)

> Ok, I am really confused.? Dawn indicates that she doesn't want to be
> responsible for the funds.? So, who will be?? I know Dawn and others need
> the funds and I know they are busy in the trenches.? So, how do we, as
> people who would be happy to donate to these efforts, know where to
> donate?? > Laura

I've been emailing Dawn and Lynda and here's my take on it....

If I do the banking, receive and deposit the funds, then Dawn goes to
Timbucktoo to rescue a dog, how does she get the money? If she calls me,
and I am in a meeting or on a construction site, I can write her a check
when I can, and try to get to the post office when I can and... you get
the point. That creates a lack of power for Dawn to do what she needs to
do.

Since she lives far away from me, I really cannot pass judgment on her
decision, and would not presume to, so seperating the money from the
person doing the work does not make a lot of practical sense. I know, the
desire is to keep things above board and honest, and that is a worthy
objective, but that seperation will not do that. So I suggested to Dawn
and Lynda that she set up a PayPal account for those who want to do it
that way and a checking account in the name of rescue at her local bank.
We can incorporate this and pay IRS to make us a 501 (c)3 organization, or
we can make it simple and not go through the cost of that by starting the
account as an unincorporated association. Much easier!

Then Dawn can make a simple ledger of expendatures and income and report
periodically to the list. My reaction is that seperating the money from
the rescue field will make it too difficult for Dawn or for the person
trying to keep up with her. The risk is, she spends all the money - but
then, that is what it was given for in the first place.

Any other ideas????????????????
Dave