[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Mutts

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:25:51 GMT

I recall a similar discussion we had at an obedience club I used to belong to
many years ago regarding mutts and should AKC allow them to compete in
obedience (this was back in the 80's).
The consensus was that if AKC ever opened the door to mutts, allowing them to
compete, it would encourage people to start breeding SUPER DOGS strictly for
performance competiton - like maybe a Border Collie/Aussie mix, etc.  I always
felt this was a valid reason not to encourage AKC to allow mutts to compete in
the performance rings.

I wonder if this prediction will now become a reality?  I wonder if one day
we'll see that not only have the purebred dogs, but also the pound puppies,
have disappeared from the performance rings being replaced by SUPER DOG mixed
breeds bred specificially for competition.

Only time will tell.

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/arycrest - Link to The Hooligans Albums
Nutrition