[ SHOWGSD-L ] Must Be the Water, or possible some other drink

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:13:42 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/05 8:22:56 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
LEWIEB@xxxxxxx writes:
so Evan,  take another sip of the water, it was not magic that
you were nominated or  was it?

I have made it clear, I will not campaign on this List. But, when asked, by
anyone I will respond.

I was called months ago, and asked to run for President of the GSDCA. I  said
"no".  I had served on the board in the past and felt it was time for  others
to have that honor. Then again I was called and asked if I could find
someone to take over the club presidency, as they felt there was a need for
strong
leadership and change because of the current situation.

I called a number of people, among them were Tom Brown, and David  Firtche. I
felt both people had the ability to lead this club, and a deep love  of the
breed. They both turned me down.  I got a post from David a while  later saying
that he had thought it over, and felt if he was needed, he had a  duty to
serve, and would be willing to do it.  I gave that situation and  position a
great deal of thought, as I respect David a great deal.

I then did receive another call, this time from a member of the nominating
committee. I was told of some internal problems with the club, and some urgent
needs of the club.  I told her I would think about it, and let her know in  a
week or so.   I called another board member and was told the same  thing. I
asked for and got a commitment from him if he were needed that he would  be
available to serve the club, and he said he would, and I agreed on that basis
run.

Those who have served and are now serving on this board deserve  nothing but
our respect. Evidently there are some problems within the club, that  will be
addressed by the new board. We have a list of candidates who have shown  over
the years great dedication to this club, and every one of them would help  us
move into the future.  There should be no reason to try to belittle or  attack
anyone who is willing to do this work.

 Every person running is a person of substance, and while we may have
personal feelings and emotions, the desire to support this breed exists in
every
candidate. I hope this answers any questions, as I have always tried to be
direct in any response.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together