[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Musings of a Board member - Long

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DaniaKarloff@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 15:27:43 -0700

Musings of a Board member -AKA Dania...

 I started preparing for this board meeting a couple of weeks  ago.  I
bought my plane ticket and  as instructed by our club secretary, I contacted
the transport service in  Ogden and made arrangements for them  to pick me
up at the Salt Lake City  Airport.  I prepared my Membership  Committee
quarterly report (yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda, and more yadda.)

Paul opines...

That same scenario almost happened to me Ms. Dania. Took me 15 hours to get
from Oakland to Hartford CT and they...almost...lost my luggage.

It started to rain as I walked out of the airport and didn't stop until
after I'd left at 0 dark AM on Sunday. It rained and poured rain during the
entire dog show.

Oh...yeah...that's the difference in our stories. I got to judge some
gorgeous dogs in MA instead of sit in a Board Meeting. I asked myself after
reading your post...hmmm what to do...judge dogs in the rain or go to a
Board Meeting? It was a tough choice but I opted for the judging assignment
even tho it took me 2 hours to dry out my shoes in my motel rooms microwave
oven.

I will have a critique of that show for "Da List" tomorrow.

Glad we both had a productive weekend.