[ SHOWGSD-L ] Musings

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 21:31:34 EDT

I have  been to two futurities so far, and noticed something  distinct.
The hospitality and organization has been terrific.  We  went to Phoenix, and
loved the location, right outside the hotel, and the way  the club put it
on.  We just went to Oklahoma, and what a show. Great show  grounds,
tremendous hospitality, a food room to leave nothing to chance. Great  rooms,
(the
ones that weren't hit by lightening) and everyone worked to make it  fun for
us all.

I saw a number of outstanding animals, and a couple that are Select Quality
 today.  The Winner's Dog Knight's Gambit Forman, The Best of Breed Dog
Woodside's Jada V. Stoneyway, the 12 to 18 Bitch Signatures Tortolla V.
Winsome,  the first and second Maturity Senior Dogs Knight's Gambit and
Anne-Isle's Prmise  Keeper all could walk into the National and go high Select.

There were a lot of other entries that are going to be Select Quality, but
on that weekend that is how I saw them.

We stayed in Albuquerque the first night, then Oklahoma City, then
Amarillo, and here we are in Kingman, Arizona.  I saw a fantastic  collection
of
50s cars in Texas, and had more fried chicken and McDonald food  than I
thought possible for a man of my age.

Summer surprised me by bringing along Adam, her brother, and we met another
 10 year old handler, Emily Bedea and her brother Sam who spent some time
with  Adam and Summer.  Emily won the Junior Handling both days, and it
should be  fun to see Summer out there.  We are working on her for the
National.
Now  that Kirk is going, I think we will get her there.

Kent offered to help Summer if she had any questions. Everyone seems to
encourage the Juniors, and it makes it more fun.

The futurity entry and the shows tells me we have the dogs, we have the
breeders, and we have the quality.,

The challenge isn't to change the system, the problem is to find a way to
encourage us to show.
Oklahoma found a way to do it, so can the rest of us.

Home tomorrow, and no more road trips for a while. Gas was from $4.97 a
gallon to $3.68.  I figured gas cost about $800.00 for the trip, motels
$650.00 and food about $350.00.

It was worth it.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and  Temperament come  together