[ SHOWGSD-L ] Musing

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 11:23:23 EDT

Now that we are back home, with but a few problems at the house, I am in
the office, trying to find a way to avoid working at legal stuff.

The shows were a lot of fun, for most everyone.

Nadine Grady got sick on Saturday and went home, then Bob Grady wasn't
feeling well on Sunday and disappeared. That caused a minor breakdown when the
propane grill ran out, but thanks to Ben Bigornia who got John to go get
more,  it worked. Max came over after his judging and figured out how to get
it to  work.

The Famous Linda Battistoni and Sharon Allbright worked like crazy all day
both days to keep the lunches flowing, and figuring out what was needed.

On Sundy there were a lot of people fussing because the judge got there at
the last minute, and Dave and Alycia came with tropies just a bit before
the  judge, (and magnificiet trophies they were). We came home with a new
chair, for  our win.

It began to rain at the end of the show on Sunday and was bitter cold if
you tried to stand still. Not many of us stood still. At one point when
Kierkegaard was about to go in the ring for his puppy class, he got away and
ran
 off. He ran directly to the parking lot, found our car, and put himself in
his  crate.  Not exactly a stupid dog.

The entry was small, but the smiles big. The total entry did not have one
animal there that couldn't be pointed, and indeed the Roots and we had a
bitch  that could have finished, but didn't.

Karen Taylor worked the entire show keeping the dogs groomed and ready to
go. Things moved a bit fast at times, and everyone seemed to work together
with  lots of laughs and hugs, both days.

There were times when it looked like tempers might flair, and each time
someone laughed, or smiled and it worked out. Bill did a perfect job as a ring
 steward, and even some old timers were there.  MaryAnn Imhoff had her son
come by, and it was great to see him, and her perfect judging, (well, she
could have finished Honey, but I understood why she did what she did).

Bill Basu is on a new conditoning program and I think he may have shown all
 but one of the entries, (he was in there all the time), and never missed a
step.  Whatever he is doing it is working.

Alycia had her son David there, and he has a lot more hair than his
grandfather, otherwise it is hard to tell them apart.

Another fun weekend, another long trip out of the way.  Worries  solved,
problems worked out, and a great tribute to the two clubs and how hard  they
worked to bring it off.  Those clubs are an example of how hard  everyone
works together to put on four shows in two days.  They are to be  thanked and
commended.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/