[ SHOWGSD-L ] Mufasa

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 15:45:00 EDT

Thanks to everyone who wrote about Mufasa. I want to tell you how much your
kind words mean to me.  On his last day on earth (a few years ago), he
growled at me (as usual), when I just walked past his kennel. He was loose  in
his
paddock, and I went in, (with my rake), to try again to appease him. We  were
standing by an igloo dog house, when he rose up, put his feet on the  doghouse,
and his head over my shoulder...growling the whole time. The classic
dominance behavior between dogs...OMG, I was suddenly very very afraid.
Something
snapped. I got out of there, and went into the house very calmly, and  called
my
vet at home. Luckily, Mufasa loved to go riding in the car, so he was  easy
to collar and leash.

There are many wonderful people in dogs and on this list, who have had
similar experiences. Most have ended the same way. This type of dog, (that will

attack his owner), is beyond any reason to keep him alive. It is the ultimate
dog sin, so anti every thing we hold dear in dogs, it is so  tragic for all
concerned, but in reality, such a dog is not a happy dog, he is  filled with
something he cannot control, and lives in a constant state of  stress..(as do
we).
Any wolf in a pack that behaved this way would be killed by  the pack. For
anyone out there who is facing this choice, please know we  understand.  Syd

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.