[ SHOWGSD-L ] Mr Hunte

  • From: Rikers123@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 11:09:37 EST

My opinion:
Hunte may be against AR and use his vast wealth to fight  them........hooray.
But what do the Aristas use as their media weapon ? Sad puppy faces crammed
in little wire kennels and sad faces of their mothers being bred from 6 mos of
 age until their death for $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Their public face is all about
puppy  mills and THAT's how they get their $$$$$$ to take away our priveledge
of
sharing our lives with our dogs. So the excuse that Hunte will help us with
the  AR fight doesn't wash with me. AR gets stronger by the day and in the long
run  who is it really going to effect ? Us, that's who. We are the ones who
follow  our local laws. We are the ones being forced out of city after city and
county  after county with more restrictive laws aimed at doing away with
breeding and  ownership. Laws are in the works right now in several
municipalities
to force  breeders into kennel regulations that the normal person cannot
possibly afford  and this is only the beginning. Your BYB people aren't going
give a first,  much less a second thought to laws they are breaking now, much
less new ones  coming on the horizon.
When the dust settles, there will be 1 breeder because he will be the only
one with the $$$$$ who can afford the facilities and the fight. And he was just
 granted entrance into our home. I find that deeply unsettling. I sure as
hell do  not want to compete with him in any Futurity , National or local show.
have a  feeling that with this one action, we will lose so much and quickly.
I feel  sorry for our breed.

Denise  Groenewald
President German Shepherd Dog Club of North Georgia
SE Regional  Representative for the GSDCA
Responsible Animal Legislation Education Effort  Federation
_www.greenwoodshepherds.com_ (http://www.greenwoodshepherds.com/)