[ SHOWGSD-L ] Moving the National, plans be damned

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 23:36:37 -0800

Wow not Ft Collins now, huh, because we have to save  a buck at the members'
expense yet again.
Never mind people plan way ahead to go. Never mind the BEAUTIFUL site now
has an outstanding all service
hotel right on the premises, with everything you could want and is pet
friendly.  Never mind that
2011, 2012 and 2013 will be virtually not do able by most of the western US.
I find it VERY interesting that most of the Executive committee, and Most of
the Board lives East of the Rockies,
and right within spitting distance of the oh wow NEW St Louis site for 2012.
So basically the western US is SOL for three years hence.
Nice.
I can tell you as a Western US exhibitor people are getting tired of it.
Also a lot of talk went on about "oh lets get together and go to see the
Pomona site in CA"
Then after many agreed to help and transport and go with to give opinions
and feedback ...it was done on Monday last?
Never called, never asked, just what appears to be yet another unilateral
decision by the show committee and Board
California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Arizona members were
never invited to come along..
it was just done. You know we live 45 minutes from the site that was
visited...and was told
"oh love to have you along"  NOT.
What a crock.
 Ok so Colorado sucks....(according to some, but not most that were THERE to
see this great site)
How about Las Vegas..convention, and rodeo center of the world.
Easy to fly in and out.  They host livestock , rodeo and all manner of
gatherings, pretty sure they can
handle a dwindling dog club.

Again the membership takes it in the shorts.
Again we in the west get to fly or NOT GO to a Nationals that is too far
away , through too much desolation to merit the drive.
At what point does the MEMBERSHIP matter?  Or have they ever?

Kathy

*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*
* <http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/>**UPDATED: Jan 26, 2011
**Home of:
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle *
*
"Victory...*Vires et honestas"