[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Movie actors

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 06:16:20 GMT

While I agree with you that these wonderful actors did a fine job portraying
the individuals you mentioned, you have to keep in mind the actors spent many
hours being made up to look like the people they were portraying.  Do you
really think it would be easy to take a dog like Scoop or Dallas and get them
into make up so they would look like the RTT of the 50's?  In my opinion, it
would be easier to get an existing dog that already has the looks and
mannerisms of the RTT of that era.
Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gid9031976 - The Hooligans
http://www.picturetrail.com/gid9033686 - Bridge Kids

-- ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 2/2/2006 4:32:22 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
MissHereford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
How  would you feel about a new movie about the history, life and times of
Rin  Tin Tin being filmed using a dog not from the Rin Tin Tin  lineage?

I don't think Mr. Phoenix was related to Johnny Cash.   Maybe they should
have used a relative, but does Ray Charles have a son who  could have played
him,
and who would have been the young Ray  Charles?

Actors who do real life characters often are not related to  them.

They were going to make a movie about famous composers, but  wanted to make
it an action movie and decided to use Arnold Swartenager, Bruce  Willis and
Steven Segal.

The got them all together and Bruce said he always enjoyed  Mozart, so he
would play him.

Steven said he loved Brahms, so he would take that  part.

Arnold looked over the remaining list and said, "I'll be  Bach".

And none of them were related.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together