[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Movement (walk or trot )

  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:14:26 EST

In a message dated 11/28/2006 12:19:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,

In a message dated 11/28/2006 11:26:53 AM Mountain Standard Time,
Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx writes:
> ..BECAUSE THE REQUIREMENT FOR IT BY THE JUDGES,
> STOPPED...DUE IN MUCH PART TO THE AKC'S EXCESSIVE GAITING REGULATIONS...
>
> And it could be that it stopped because of all the squawking people do when
> the show gets lengthy.....judges who take the time to watch until some begin
> to tire or break down are perceived as "indecisive", etc., etc. When you see
> a show running late you also hear some judge-bashing at its best.
>
> Jamie

 JAMIE:   Paul Posey, a Beloved  Handler , tragically dying in the Show Ring,
of a Heart Attack,  at the Nationals in 1959, in the Puppy Class , was the
beginning of the end , as far as  extensive gaiting is concerned. Although he
had barely  gone over a couple of laps..  The AKC  jumped in and began to put
the brakes on... So now, not much  can be done about it...Few care anyway..
When
you Judge you have to be concerned  of the Handlers , because they are not
allowed to hand off the dogs to other Handlers when they tire, as we used to
do...Until the AKC stopped that too...   Your right... ...  Most  are just glad
to get in and get out of the ring, and go home.. No one expects any extensive
gaiting .. most are not conditioned for it, anyway... So, it is not going to
change ...or  ever Go Back to   That Time...
.I am just glad I was there  then,  to be part of it . .
 I wouldn't have missed it for the World... Barb W.