[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Movement

  • From: AGray40366@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 14:33:40 -0400 (EDT)

____________________________________
 From: AGray40366@xxxxxxx
To: hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
CC:  showgsd-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 3/19/2012 12:37:46 P.M. Central  Daylight Time
Subj: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Movement

You know all that is right. Sometimes before the dogs get half way around
the ring it isn't difficult to see which ones are real contenders. That
said,  I really love to see gsd movement and perhaps ask them to go around too
much,  but it's not because I am looking for one to "let down", it's because
I really  appreciate the movement and harmony and correctness and the good
ones can "go  all day" . It doesn't take me long to get through a mediocre
class, but  the really good classes............that's worth watching. After
all it is a  sport, and one I enjoy.
Ann Gray

In a message dated 3/16/2012 6:00:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Any  judge that penalizes a dog for one bad pass after having multiple good
 passes is looking for a reason not to put the dog up on the flip side a
judge can also find a reason to put an inferior dog up. There is a
difference between playing games and judging to the standard( which also can
be
loosely translated into "my dog didn;t win under this particular judge).
Judges
playing games is a completely different topic. A dog that let's down  a
little might have an off day, may not be in as good a condtion as you  think,
may have a structual defect that the breeder/owner fails to see or  admit to,
or the dog may lack the mental tenacity that it takes to be a  competitor.