[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Movement

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <firethorntemple@xxxxxxxxx>, <gailbauman1@xxxxxxx>, <gina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 08:02:01 -0500

The "work" our GSDs are bred to do calls for the ability to "turn on a dime"
a lot like
the Quarter horses are called on to execute in their similar line of "work"!
Ann, your
note below, (to me) contradicts itself.  I'm not sure what "location" you're
speaking
of concerning "most" of the all breed rings being sufficient in size to see
movement.  I'll
agree that any sized ring would allow the judge to see "movement" but
correct ground
covering "movement" as needed quite often for the extended trot we want to
be able to
get around:  not in my book, er ring!
Then you say that they often look like the odd man out!  Aha, ring size very
well may be
the reason in and of itself for our GSDs to look like the odd man out.
Sorry, but I got quite confused in reading your note thusly. Norma no L