[ SHOWGSD-L ] Mother's Day weekend

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ShowGSD List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 18:35:47 +0000

How I Spent My Mother's Day Weekend by Suzanne Kinman LOL  Sounds like fourth
grade, doesn't it??
May has turned out to be one of my craziest this year.  I'm running from
training to trials, to shows and judging.  Not to leave out that I HAD to do
something for Mother's Day or my mom would have disowned me! LOL  It never
stops.....

Anyway.... spent all day Friday picking up judges and transporting them for
Atlanta to Farmington for our semiannual all breed herding trial.  Then worked
the remainder of the day in 90 degree heat setting up the new duck pen.
Imagine who's in charge when six WOMEN show up to do one job. LOL  The only
thing we all agreed on was "Where are the men?????"

This is my first trial in several years where I didn't have an entry.  Miss
Gilli hurt herself a few weeks back and I wasn't sure she'd be sound so I
didn't enter.  Bummer...... she's fine.  So, Saturday was all day at the trial
without a dog - timing and handling hospitality for the exhibitors.  Highlight
of the day??? Watching a sable GSD go High In Trial!!!!!  Wow!  What a run.
His owner MAY be on the list so I won't brag on him but will say the run was
smooth, the dog was GREAT, handled to perfection, and he beat out TONS of
Border Collies for the win!!!    Set up hospitality for the next day then has a
two hour break before dinner and an hour plus drive home.  Can you say
"sunburn" boys and girls?????

Sunday, because I had to take info on a dog for sale to a friend, I skipped the
morning runs to attend training at our schutzhund club.  Yancy now knows all
the exercises and we are beginning to polish his performance - my new mantra is
happy, fast, and accurate. LOL  A friend shot several photos which should be
going up on teh website soon!!  On to the trial where I completed timing for
the test classes, equipment breakdown, club meeting, and long drive home.
Sunday afternoon ended with a cookout at my brother's with three generations of
mothers in attendance [and the latest addition to our family - Little Miss
Emily at three weeks of age.]  Four generations around one table - and picnic
tables, chairs, sofas, floors, and any other available flat surface! LOL

Hope everyone had as wonderful a weekend as I did!!  Now its on to the GSDC of
Atlanta meeting tonight.  Things that make life worth living - family, friends,
and dogs!!!!!

--
Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com