[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Most Titled

  • From: Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 21:01:59 -0600

Dave wrote:

> I was curious as to this post, so I did a search and stopped at 10
> pages.....
> There are a lot of claims out there - aren't there.
> Maybe that is the end result of free speech.... Not that there's anything
> wrong with than - as Evan would say.
>=20
> Here's some of the lines.....
> Dave
>=20
>=20
> 1. -  and we have had the most titled Schutzhund Dog in the country
>=20
> 2, & 3  - TAS IS THE MOST TITLED GSD IN THE WORLD
>=20
> 4. - One of the most titled
>=20
> 5. - She was the most diversly titled working
>=20
> 6. - the most famous German kennels in the world
>=20
> 7. - top kennels in the World

The really sad part of this is that the novice puppy buyer will be fooled
and disappointed and have a much lighter wallet.

Years and years ago, we bought our first gsd by looking in the want-ads. An=
yes, we got royally taken!! She was a sweet dog, but in NO WAY was she a
pure-bred gsd.=20

The next time, having learned my lesson, I called breeders, looked at
puppies, and eventually ended up with the soundest, most amazing dog I've
ever owned. He had conformation ribbons, though I only entered him for a
lark. He had a CDX, a TD, was a search and rescue dog, was fearless and
incorruptible. He found bodies in the Big Thompson Canyon flood, and
protected me *twice* in truly scary circumstances. I was VERY, VERY LUCKY.

I wish we did more education to the general public about "How to find that
AKC pure-bred dog to be your companion." Think about it -- most big GSD
kennels don't even advertise in the Review - in the back! And the Review is
inaccessible to most folks. Is everyone's kennel listed in the yellow pages=
?
How would a complete newbie with sense and discrimination find your puppies=
?

The newbie who is taken in by the posts above doesn't want to win all those
titles. He/she wants a *good* dog -- he/she buys into knowledgeable breedin=
and concern for the breed. And -- it's a complete rip-off.

All of *us* know how to find a puppy.

But if all you know is that you love GSDs -- how in the world will you find
your way to a reputable breeder?

And in the past, I think we've been dismissive of these concerns. "Oh, well=
,
if they have a brain, they'll find me."

NOT necessarily. How do we help these good folks find us and our puppies?

Fran
--=20
Fran Henry
Denver
Whoever said money can=B9t buy happiness forgot about puppies!
                                                                   Gene Hil=