[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: More than just Mr Hunte

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 12:15:06 EST

In a message dated 2/1/2007 1:55:50 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx writes:
I realize that most of you are not involved with GSD rescue, or  even cared a
little ( or you would have jumped on your fellow members  Dawn Restuccia's
idea with donating a lowly $2 for every litter to go to  rescue ( is that right
Dawn ?, only $2?????....  and what response did  you get it???  ), but let me
tell you something....Hunte's involvement is  going to be the WORST thing that
ever happened. You're credibility is GONE. It  is does not matter how many
Breeders Codes, nor Ethics Committees( and that's  a joke already )  there is.
Your credibility is GONE with him as a  member. It is gone now, say goodbye.

Zip. Zero.

It will take  YEARS to get that credibility back. Some of you won't believe
that....stay in  your bubble.

He's with you and he's not going anywhere. And you can't  do anything about
it.

I like Irish Wolfhounds. Does anyone know a  really good breeder?

Colleen Donnelly

p.s. I will always rescue  GSD's, but my stomach and >>>>

Hello Colleen
OK well ahead and vent, maybe you got up on the wrong side of the bed,  don't
know, but your ignorance is showing to say nothing of your nastiness when
you suppose you know anything about members most whom you have never met, nor
taken the time to talk to.
    To say that members "don't care about rescue" is  ludicrous, I guarantee
most of us at one time or another have adopted animals,  picked them up off
the streets, rendered aide or found new homes for them.   Just because we don't
call ourselves a "rescue" doesn't mean we don't do it  . so please , refrain
from your holier than thou attitude towards the rest  of us. You don't know
from whence you speak about what anyone does or does not  do.

You furthermore don't understand that when the issue came up months ago,
that MANY of us did indeed write the letters to Dania and the Board expressing
our concern over the situation.  What came of that is unknown.  Nobody  ever
really said how those letters were received by the Board or if they were  ?

The simple fact is, while many people are screaming about this that we
simply don't know yet what real impact it will have on the club.   At  the very
least, I would imagine we will seriously examine the qualifications for
membership, and I hope for renewal.  By laws may be changed.  I don't  have a
crystal
ball, and neither do you.

I was not at the Board meeting, I do not know what prompted the yes  votes.
I look forward to hearing their side of it, and the why's and  wherefores as
to their choices.

Running around screaming "the sky is falling' won't help.  But if it  makes
people feel better than so be it.  It is an emotionally charged  issue, and
everyone is entitled to their opinions.
    A lynching won't help, neither will lambasting  MEMBERS over their , in
your eyes, lack of concern, as to what they think or  do.    There is a great
deal of concern amongst the  membership.  Some just don't express themselves
with hysteria and would  rather approach it with thought, and focus, and
rational , calm  ideas.   But to each his own.
Try to have a good day, and not let this thing ruin it for you.  We  will get
through it, as a club, and life will go on, with or w/o Mr Hunte.

Regards
Kathy Tank

_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)
 ~ WEBSITE UPDATED: JAN 27  2007

Home of CH. ELVASTON'S NATIONS CUP, TC, OFA H/E  DNA'D "NITRO"
26 BISS/ BESTS OF BREED TO  DATE 2006 PACIFIC COAST VICTOR