[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: More questions

  • From: Lorraine Cohen <bilinudgel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 08:41:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Christina,
    Are you feeding with a plastic bowl,if so change,as she may be allergic to
the plastic.Lorraine
Christina Klahn <ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Okay, so still learning things here. I have a couple more questions. My girl
is just finishing up the bleeding portion of her heat cycle. I admit, it's been
very clean, although very short. It's been one week today since the swelling
started. I swabbed her last night and it came up fairly clean. She is still
swollen though. Anyhow, my questions.... First, I think she blew her anal sacs
in the house Sunday, at least that's the odor I detect. She still reeks of that
odor. Once I give her a bath tonight, should I be worried if that odor is still
clinging? Just not sure if this odor has anything to do with her cycle. She's
acting normal and eating with gusto. Second, the top of her nose has completely
dried out. I know lupus can run in GSDs, but at what age does this normally
rear it's ugly head? Any recommendations on what I can put on her nose
topically? I had thought Bag Balm or Vaseline. You all are the experts though...

Thanks in advance for your further assistance.

Christina Klahn
ducksavsfan@xxxxxxxxx

countries) for 2¢/min or less.

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original