[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: More pitbull attacks

  • From: Karen C. <kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: CDRHVN@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:58:24 -0400

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 21:14:27 EDT, CDRHVN@xxxxxxx wrote:=20

>But I still question the value of this breed.I don't care
>how nice they are I don't completly trust them. This is
>just my option. Give me a German Shepherd any day.

I respect your opinion. But... how sad! German Shepherds
were considered to be vicious and untrustworthy dogs at
one time too you know. So were many, many other great
breeds.  :/  The problem here is not with the breed. The
problem is the people involved with exploiting dogs and
misusing them to their own nefarious purposes.

All terriers are feisty. It sort of comes with the
territory and their traditional histories! Fighting
and, ultimately, killing some other critter(s) is the
basic function that ALL terriers were designed and
bred to perform. That's just a fact.

And ALL dogs have value... from the sorriest shelter
mutt to the #1 rated AKC show champion in a breed.

YMMV...
Karen C.
kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Let me win.
   But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."
      -- Special Olympics Oath