[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: More food for thought on DM

  • From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 21:27:56 +0000 (UTC)

To be honest Ken, I don't think there is a "Real" final conclusive test, the
tests that were done are the only way I've heard it can be done while alive.
You and I likely couldn't afford the huge costs of these tests that are
required to get there for a positive diagnosis, the MRI alone must be about
10K(retail no insurance). Vets on the other hand can get those tests for a lot
less then the general public.
He is the president of veterinary association and has been Vet of the year
numerous times, and is awesome at continuing education.

He basically doesn't(nor do many Vets at the university) think the DNA test is
worth much.

This is another example of why it really isn't

regards.