[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: More Delta Airline Mess-ups

  • From: ANN SCHULTZ <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norberge@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 05:57:59 -0700 (PDT)

Pam, you are so lucky to get her back safe and sound. I very seldom fly a dog,
but Delta has been the only airline to mess up. I was flying a dog to Iza in NJ
and she had to go through Atlanta. Well when she landed in Atlanta, they
couldn't find her to put her on the next flight. Finally at 11:00 pm that night
they called and told me they had found her and he was going to take her out for
a walk. She hasd been in the crate 14 hours now. I told him just to leave her
in the crate, which he said he would. She got to NJ finally the next afternoon
after just before one of the biggest blizzards ever hit the east coat.
         The other was a flight to El Paso through Atlanta.  The handler that
was picking her up was supposed to call me when she got in. No call. I called
Delta, they had no record of her beyond Atlanta. They called El Paso. They said
there had been no dogs shipped in all day. The handler didn't answer. I was up
all night nagging Delta. Come to find out
 the handler had picked her up and hadn't called, but Delta should have known
that. Ann
norberge@xxxxxxx wrote:  Last night was a very stressful evening.? Made my
connection from Augusta to Atlanta only to be told at the boarding counter that
they could not find Vera.? Once boarded, the pilot held the plane for an
additional 40 minutes as they tried to find her at Altanta Airport, when they
finally stated that they still could not find her and we needed to depart.? 5
hours into the flight, the stewardess stated that they found her and she was
still in Atlanta and they were taking her to a boarding kennel.? This morning,
when I finally got home at 2:00 this morning I tried to contact the kennel, but
the answering machine did not take messages.? Delta airlines had a message on
my phone that she would be on early morning flight arriving in Seattle at
11:00.? I did get ahold of someone?at the boarding kennel late morning and they
informed me she was not there...they forgot to tell me they had already
delivered her back to Delta.? I received a call from Delta, that
 she was not on the 11:00,
and they could not tell me where she was.? I called Altanta, Seattle, and even
thier corporate offices, no one could tell me where Vera was.? It was now 3:00
in the afternoon, and I think I was ready to lose it!!??

I called Linda Bankhead to see if I located Vera still in Atlanta, if she would
help me out.? Absolutely!!, She suggested I call Nancy Harper.? What a blessing
I have in my "dog" friends.? Nancy made some phone calls.? The reason vera was
not at the boarding kennel is because they delivered her back to Delta for the
early morning flight to Seattle.? What Delta did with her after that is
unclear, maybe they lost her for the second time.? I contacted Lost Baggage
claim for the 20th time about 3:30 today and they could only varify that Vera's
suitcase was on the later flight, not Vera.? Nancy called me back and said head
to the airport, she better be on the 5:00 arrival.? She had her contacts and
they were saying she is on that flight.? If she isn't there, call me back from
the baggage claim counter.

Well I arrived for the 5:09 fight, I?just kept waiting as I watched the baggage
come in.? I went to the baggage claim desk and they still could not tell me if
she was on the flight.?? I finally told the attendant that they needed to go
look for her as we were going to have a?major problem if she is not on this
flight.? 10 minutes later he came back with a very happy dog, both my suitcases
and a dolly.? YAYAYAY!!!!!!!!

Having your dog missing for more than 24 hours, getting no answers as to her
whereabouts is enough to cause a stroke!!?? I thank GOD for my friends in this
breed that compete with me on the weekends and look out for me when I need it.?
THANK YOU NANCY and LINDA!!!!? Kathaleen and Pat, thank you for your thoughts,
prayers, and keeping me focused.?

She is home now, and knowing her, she made new friends on this venture.? I
think I will DRIVE to DENVER next week!!!

Pamela

http://mail.aol.com

Ann
                                     Home of Sel Ex Ch Mechanical Bull and #1
Dam I've Got It All. Breeder-owner of 64 champions and 18 ROMs