[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: More Batty Ideas

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Karen Rogers" <windyhillsgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jessica MacMillan" <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 19:23:13 -0600

Karen,I noticed you responded to my post. Just for clarification, I wasn't
referring to GSD's, perhaps I should have explained. I meant, for other
breeds that want to jet around across the country that will fit in a 400 or
smaller crate, then shipping may not be an issue.However for GSD's that
have to typically be sent in 500 crates, shipping is a REAL issue. Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

<spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 2:36 PM
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: More Batty Ideas
>

> > Jessica, thank you for the info. As for Purina Farms, I have been there,
> > and to those aren't opposed to going there, there shouldn't be any
> > opposition to going back to the Kentucky Horse Park, at least although
the
> > facility is not climate controlled it is an indoor arena and not
outside.
> > In the past, there have been quite a few who stated that the National is
> > their vacation time. I completely understand, however, times they are a
> > chang'in and you can fly anywhere without a dog and stay anywhere
without
> > dog, and you might actually be able to fly many places with a dog in a
> > crate sized 400 and under. However, flying with a 500 crate presents a
> > whole different set of issues and it could be that we need to rethink
our
> > position on the National being a vacation, and reprioritizing what we
are
> > attending the national for.This year, we took in the sites in Colorado
and
> > really enjoyed it. We probably would not have gone to Colorado if it
> > weren't for the National. On the flip side, if I didn't have dogs, and
> > wasn't spending money showing dogs, I would probably have more money and
> > time to vacation and go to and fro as I wished and maybe would have
went
> > Colorado for a real vacation, spent the week in a lodge in the mountains
> > and not worry whether or not the hotel was dog friendly or if there was
> > enough grass to exercise them on..I am not the most adaptable person in
> > the
> > world. I hate change and have always prescribed to "if it ain't broke,
> > don't fix it." I don't like airlines making my life more difficult, and
> > hate that even the most simple of tasks seems to be a battle.However,we
> > all
> > have to be willing to make some concessions, and learn to adapt to these
> > unpleasant changes. If that possibly means rotating between a couple of
> > sites, then so be it. Christine
> >
> > hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Steve and Christine Grainger
> > WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

National,
> > they can usually figure out a way to get there - the hardest is when you
> > have that beautiful puppy can't figure out how to get HIM there.
> >>
> >> Jess Mac
> >> Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)
> >> & The Shepherd Girls
> >> Member of:
> >> DCA
> >> GTCDC
> >> GSDCA
> >> Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we
> > give.
> >> http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=text_hotmail_join

> >> POST is Copyrighted 2007.  All material remains the property of the
> > original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
> > FORWARDS
> > of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original
author
> > AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
> >>
> >> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
> > MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS
> > PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> > FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL

admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx